TO: Corpus Christi Association of Realtors®
I hereby apply for REALTOR® (primary, secondary, or Designated) or REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® membership in the above named board/association. In the event my application is approved, I agree as a condition to membership to complete the indoctrination course of the above named board/association, if any, and otherwise on my own initiative to thoroughly familiarize myself with the Code of Ethics of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® , including the duty to arbitrate business disputes in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of the board and the constitution, bylaws, and rules and regulations of the above named board, the state association and the National Association, and I further agree to complete satisfactorily a reasonable and nondiscriminatory written examination covering such Code, constitution, bylaws, rules and regulations, and duty to arbitrate. I further agree that my act of paying dues shall evidence my initial and continuing commitment to abide by the aforementioned Code of Ethics, constitution, bylaws, rules and regulations, and duty to arbitrate, all as from time to time amended. Finally, I consent and authorize the board, through its membership committee or otherwise, to invite and receive information and comment about me from any member or other person, and I agree that any information and comment furnished to the board by any member or other person in response to any such invitation shall be conclusively deemed to be privileged and not form the basis of any action by me for slander, libel, or defamation of character.
NOTE: Applicant acknowledges that the board/association will maintain a membership file of information which may be shared with other boards/associations, affiliates and other members where applicant subsequently seeks membership. This file shall include: previous applications for membership; all final findings of Code of Ethics violations and violations of other membership duties within the past three (3) years; pending complaints alleging violations of the Code of Ethics or alleging violations of other membership duties; incomplete or pending disciplinary measures; pending arbitration requests; and information related to unpaid arbitration awards or unpaid financial obligations to the board/association or its MLS.
NOTE: Applicant acknowledges that if accepted as a member and he/she subsequently resigns from the board or otherwise causes membership to terminate with an ethics complaint pending, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon applicant's certification that he/she will submit to the pending ethics proceeding and will abide by the decision of the hearing panel. If applicant resigns or otherwise causes membership to terminate, the duty to submit to arbitration continues in effect even after membership lapses or is terminated, provided the dispute arose while applicant was a REALTOR®.
(1) We have read the Rules and Regulations governing the MLS.
(2) We agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations as they may be amended from time to time.
(3) We confirm that we are currently, and will on a continual and ongoing basis in the operation of our real estate business activities, actively endeavor to list real property of the type filed with the MLS and/or accept offers of cooperation and compensation made by other Participants through the MLS.
(4) We understand that CCAR will attempt to, but is not obligated to, give us notice if the Rules and Regulations are amended from time and that we can access a current copy of the Rules and Regulations either on the MLS web site, CCAR’s web site, or by requesting a copy from CCAR.
(5) We agree to pay all fees, in advance, for access and use of the MLS. We understand that those fees may change from time to time without advance notice. As of the date this agreement is signed the fees for access to the MLS are as shown on the attached Fee Exhibit.
(6) We understand that we may be required to agree to a license agreement with the vendor who provides the software and programs to CCAR for use with its MLS. We represent that we will comply with the terms of any such agreement when accessing the MLS.
(7) We understand that the resolution of any dispute is governed by the Rules and Regulations.
(8) We will not permit anyone who is not a Participant or subscriber to access or use the MLS or the MLS information, except as permitted by the Rules and Regulations.
(9) If any of the undersigned subscribers cease to be affiliated with the Participant as employees or
independent contractors, the Participant and subscriber will promptly notify CCAR. We understand that a subscriber may not access or use the MLS independently of a Participant.
(10) All fees, once paid, are not prorated and are not refundable.
(11) As the undersigned Participant, I am responsible for the actions of all subscribers who are affiliated with me. I will take necessary steps so that subscribers affiliated with me will comply with the Rules and Regulations. I will be responsible to CCAR for the payment of all fees, charges, and fines assessed against me and the subscribers affiliated with me.
I hereby certify that the foregoing information furnished by me is true and correct, and I agree that failure to provide complete and accurate information as requested, or any misstatement of fact, may be grounds for revocation of my membership, if granted.